If you are looking for an ideal type of floor for your home then you should consider timber flooring. Timber floors and laminate flooring are known to bring a sleek modern look to any home, and thus are a great choice for modern homeowners. So, what are the other benefits of timber floors? Outlined in this article are six benefits of hardwood flooring:
- Artistic value: quality timber flooring can be very attractive, and thus increases the artistic value of your home. Apart from artistic value, timber flooring can actually increase the value of your home if you want to sell it in future. Timber also brings about a warm and inviting feeling.
- Easy to clean: unlike tile and carpet flooring, timber is quite easy to clean. This is because dust and dirt do not easily get stuck on the timber surface, thus making the cleaning process quick and easy. Timber also has anti-allergic properties, making it ideal for people who have breathing problems such as asthma.
- Super strength and durable: hardwood as a flooring material is stronger and durable than other flooring alternatives. Some grades of timber are known to last up to 30 years with very minimal deterioration. Another advantage is that when timber starts showing signs of wear and tear, it can be brought back to life through sanding and re-lacquered.
- Variety: this flooring is available in a variety of grades, colors and texture. There are also a range of timbers that are used to make floors such as Kempas, Tallowwood, Cypress Pine, Spotted Gum, Blackbutt, Tassie Oak, walmat and many others. Variety gives you the choice to be creative and unique in choosing a timber flooring that would best suit your aesthetic needs.
- Suitable for all seasons: one of the unique qualities of timber is that it pleasantly adjusts to different climatic conditions. This means that your floor will be warm in winter and cool in summer.
- Environmental friendly: Some timber products including floors are made from recycled hardwood, thus a good option for those looking for green flooring.
While timber flooring can in some instances be more costly than other types of flooring, the advantages of these type of floors outweigh the "price factor." For instance, the beauty of hardwood flooring is both priceless and timeless, and you can always rely on timber to give your home a modern and stylish look for a long time.